Learn more about our COVID-19 Health & Safety Procedures.
Funshine provides a secure, loving, and nurturing environment in which children develop self-confidence and discover the joy of learning and of friendships. We provide a stimulating and fun experiences that encourage children to become independent, self-confident and enthusiastic learners. Our mission is to provide the children and families at Funshine a secure and positive early learning experience that will set children on a path to success in education and well-being.
We have a unique program with a variety of attributes:
- We are committed to providing confident partnerships with families
- Receive updates and photos in real-time through Daily Connect, our family communication app
- Every lead teacher holds a degree in early childhood education, has been at Funshine for an average of 7 years, and is dedicated to building positive relationships and engaging children in a fun and educational activities
- Educational experiences such as a weekly music program, monthly Indy Parks visits, field trips, community visitor presentations, Silly Safari/Family Time Entertainment Shows, weekly bookmobile visits, summer splash day, and a school garden
- Indiana State Licensed Preschool (FSSA) and Level 3 Paths to Quality Provider
- Spacious indoor and outdoor activity space
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Family events
We are dedicated to providing high quality day care and preschool experiences. Our staff is highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated to the children and families at Funshine.
SAFE AND CLEAN FACILITY
We have secure entrances and require written approval for any guest pick-ups. Toys and equipment are sanitized throughout the day, a professional cleaning company cleans and disinfects each evening, and the floor rugs are professionally cleaned quarterly and spot treated as needed.
A diverse classroom is one in which both students and teachers are accepting of all people, regardless of their race, culture, or religion. This acceptance is evidenced by the books we read, the activities that are completed and the lessons that are taught.
PLAY BASED LEARNING
The philosophy behind our curriculum is that children learn best by doing, so we provide your child with engaging activities that promote academic learning and social interaction in a very fun and interactive way.